Saturday, March 20, 2004

PPro: ScenalyzerLive + PPro = No Go.
I've read so many positive comments in different forums the last couple of month regarding Scenalyzer - a very smart capture tool that let's you capture with scene detection using both the typical date/time information available in PPro's own capture function and optical detection. Since most of what I've done is shot on 35mm and 16mm film I have no date/time codes on my tapes and PPro can't capture my material using scene detection. So I tried the trial on for size and it works great. It recognizes the cuts and turns every cut on a tape into a separately captured clips with all the log information. This of course saves a lot of manual log/capture labor. But as I investigated further it turns out that Scenelyzer has no built in function to save itself as a "project" so you can never recreate a capture batch. All you can do is export an EDL. But PPro can't import EDL's so the two can't be used together unfortunately. Let's hope that there will be a change in the future because Scenalyzer is really awesome.

No comments: